MOISE Palace Program and Fundraising Director
Organization: MOISE Palace – Regional Center for Advanced Studies SEE
Location: Cres Island / Rijeka, Croatia
Closing date: September 1st, 2021
We are seeking a dedicated full-time manager to expand the Program and Fundraising development of the MOISE Palace.
Led by a high-profile international interdisciplinary team, MOISE Palace is hosted by the University of Rijeka and operated by its Center for Advances Studies SEE. It is embedded into a rich international partner network involving important regional players from academic, policy, and donor communities. The 500-year-old MOISE Palace is a North Adriatic cultural monument of considerable historical, artistic, and symbolic importance, located in the old town center of the City of Cres. Set against the pristine natural background of Cres Island, this monumental building is the largest patrician Renaissance city palace in Croatia.
If you wish
- to join one of the most ambitious and forward-looking projects in this part of Europe,
- to work in a unique Mediterranean environment on the Island of Cres and in Rijeka, embedded into pulsating University of Rijeka and regional academic network,
- to cooperate with and take responsibility for a growing network of young scholars and inspiring intellectuals and thinkers,
consider applying for this position!
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, and inform the Executive Director and Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the Moise Program;
- Execute all operations in coordination and upon approval of the Executive Director;
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of Moise Palace
- Operational Planning and Management
- Prepare the Program and Fundraising Plan on an annual basis for the Board of Directors to adopt it and implement it afterward;
- Draft procedures for the approval of the Executive Director and implement them afterward;
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the MOISE Palace Program and Fundraising Plan;
- Provide support to the activities of the Board of Directors and Board of Patrons
- Propose staffing requirements for projects and program delivery based on instructions and the budget approved by the Board of Directors
- Financial Planning, Fundraising, and Management
- Prepare annual Fundraising Plan to be adopted by Board of Directors;
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the Fundraising Plan to ensure the development of the MOISE Program
- Plan, review, and submit letters of inquiry, grant applications, including narrative proposals and proposed budgets, and grant reports;
- Work with Executive Director and the Board of Directors to prepare a comprehensive annual budget;
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the fundraised resources
- Engage, develop and cultivate relationships, and regularly follow through with public and private foundations, as well as corporations and government agencies, to identify and pursue grant and other funding opportunities
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community of partners.
- Higher Education Degree
- Fluent in oral and written communication in Croatian (BHSM) and English language, any additional language would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years of management in the corporate sector, international organization, or NGO sector
- Experience in managing projects, programs, and/or organizations
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in working with cross-sector partnerships
- Good consulting, analytical and critical thinking skills, organized and results-driven
- Good planning and coordination, self-management skills
- Advanced networking, stakeholder management, communication, and presentation skills
- Established ability to provide leadership
- Budgetary experience is an asset
- Culturally aware skills and competencies, work experience in a multicultural setting
- Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Office Packages
- Willingness to work from the work location of Moise Palace on Cres.
- The unique working environment on the Island of Cres and in Rijeka, embedded into pulsating University of Rijeka and regional network;
- Working with a young and dedicated team and scholars;
- Inspiring encounters with a broad regional and international network of renowned intellectuals, scholars, major international foundations, and governmental officials;
- A chance to shape and navigate strategic program lines;
- A competitive salary.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application in English by September 1st, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include:
- your CV
- cover letter
- names and contact details of two reference persons.
Please note that applications will be reviewed and suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews on an ongoing basis. The position will remain open until filled.