The mission of the Higher Education Initiative for Southeastern Europe (HEISEE) is to enhance the quality of higher education in the region.
In fulfilling this mission, HEISEE will:
- Promote and assist in developing the highest quality teaching among HEISEE institutions;
- Stimulate excellence in institutional management and governance through appropriate degree programs and continuing professional education seminars;
- Build institutional research capacity and encourage collaboration among institutions and individuals in studying about and doing research in the field of higher education;
- Serve as a regional repository for data dealing with higher education;
- Develop networks to share and determine best practices in all facets of higher education;
- Provide expertise and consultation on the development of higher education policy and on the solving of problems related to the operation of higher education institutions; and,
- Promote the understanding, development, and implementation of public service and outreach (PSO) in the higher education community.
In fulfilling its mission, HEISEE will be guided by principles of:
- professional integrity,
- mutual respect, and
- cultural understanding